Camps and Events
Fall Camps will be starting up soon! With hitting and pitching specific camps and fundamental camps we have the training you need to get a head start on your competition.
Tryouts for the 2018 NSBA Hawk season are set. Do NOT miss your chance to be a member of the Hawks and make sure to register for tryouts. Dates and times for all tryouts are listed below. For more information about the 2018 NSBA Hawk season go to www.teamnsba.org or email us at [email protected].
2018 NSBA Hawk Tryout Information
- Where:NSBA Highland Park (1660 Old Skokie Rd.) and NSBA Vernon Hills (400 Corporate Woods Parkway)
- When:Sunday, August 20th
- 9/10U: 9am-11am in VH or 1-3pm in HP
- 11/12U: 11am-1pm in VH or 9-11am in HP
- 13/14U: 1pm-3pm in VH or 11am-1pm in HP
- Registration: All players need to register online at http://www.teamnsba.org/page/show/621771-registration before the tryout.
- Players should bring their baseball equipment and dress in proper baseball attire.
- Players should try out for the team based on their age as of 5/1/2018.
- If you cannot make the scheduled tryout please contact NSBA by email at [email protected] to set up a private tryout.
- If you have any questions about the tryout or program contact NSBA by phone at 847.831.3250 or email at [email protected].
Announcing the Hawks
Parent meetings for the 2018 NSBA Hawk season will be on Wednesday, October 4th 2018 from 7-8pm at NSBA Vernon Hills.
- 1 Parent from each family is required to attend.
- Players are welcome but not required
- Details for the season will be covered including:
- Team Rules
- Off Season Training
- League/Tournament Play
- Parent Questions
Pro & College Instructors
Each instructor brings their professional or collegiate playing experience and love for the game to each lesson. This passion fosters a love for baseball or softball in each player, while he or she improves their skills through proper instruction and repitition.
And yes, that’s the owner pictured on the right, John Stutz, who played for the St. Louis Cardinals.
Welcome to the Academy
Welcome to the North Shore Baseball Academy. For the past 13 years, we are proud to be the area’s premier academy for private baseball and softball instruction, as well as full time travel teams. Our exclusive professional staff provides private and small group instruction in all aspects of the game, including hitting, pitching, fielding and throwing, to baseball and softball players of all ages and skill levels.
In addition to the Academy’s instruction, we provide individuals and teams with a facility where they can practice their hitting, pitching, and fielding skills. The Academy has batting cages that are open to the public and a training facility that can be rented by teams. Also, we will continue to offer our popular instructional clinics throughout the fall and winter.
The North Shore Baseball Academy has two, year round, indoor training facilities located in Highland Park and Vernon Hills. Both facilities have excellent lighting and fully turfed playing surfaces. Players and coaches have access to batting cages, pitching mounds, baseball and softball pitching machines, fielding areas and video analysis. Our professional staff of instructors offer private lessons and group clinics at both locations.